Arborvitae, is an incredible oil! It is very grounding and is known as the “Tree of Life”. It is native to Canada and has a zero waste process in it’s extraction process. There are many ways to utilize this oil in your home! With natural preservation properties, essential oil from the native Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent, while providing a warm, earthy aroma.
From a scientific standpoint, Arborvitae is concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also contribute to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
When using arborvitae to address your emotions, arborvitae will help to promote peaceful feelings of feeling grounded, and allowing you to relax. Let’s take a look at some of the wonderful things Arborvitae has to offer you.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
WOOD POLISH RECIPE
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup vinegar
-10 drops Arborvitae Essential Oil
-Add to glass spray bottle
As you can see it is super versatile and a wonderful addition to your oils! If you want to see something that will BLOW your mind, check out this quick video below to see how Arborvitae is sourced! You will be amazed!
The story of Arborvitae is such a beautiful love story, and I am so glad to be able to share it with you today. Such a wonderfully special oil! What do you think about Arborvitae?