When were are transitioning into a healthier lifestyle, sometimes creating new habits can be a bit daunting. We think about all of the things we are leaving behind, maybe hang on a little to tightly to the past, and have a hard time being consistent with our new habits. Before we jump in, remember that you don’t have to be perfect. You are taking care of yourself and that also means your journey doesn’t have to look a certain way to be successful.
Creating new habits doesn’t have to be a scary task, in fact, I would encourage you to make this the most fun and exciting thing you do today! Find something that you love, and focus on that! What do I mean by this? Take a look…
- When it comes to creating healthier habits in the realm of food, don’t focus on the foods you aren’t eating! Focus on a specific food, that you love and enjoy! I freaking love avocados, so if I add that to a dish, I know that I’m going to get to savor the experience, since it has a food that I love!
- Don’t force yourself to do exercise that you hate. Try new things to figure out what your style is. Maybe you are super into running but not much a fan of yoga. Maybe you hate running, and Tai Chi is totally your thing. Maybe you love weights but hate cardio. Whatever the case, focus on an activity you LOVE so that you want to keep doing it!
- Use oils that you LOVE! I will be honest, there are a few oils that when I smelled them at first, I wasn’t a fan. Over time however, the aroma changed for me and I’m able to love them! Find a way to incorporate the oils you love into your daily routine. Love Lemon? Add it to your diffuser, and to your glass of water in the morning to start your day feeling refreshed! Get creative, and make your habits FUN!
- Remember, find something that you LOVE! Do you love dry brushing? Do you love Epsom salt baths? Weirdly enough, I love to scrape my tongue to aid in my regular detoxing! Try new things like a tongue scraper, or lemon in your water, and see what makes you feel good!
Self Care Habits
- If you don’t enjoy writing in a journal, maybe try using the voice to text feature on your phone, or record yourself as an audio journal! Try everything and find what you love. Use your oils with meditation, or in the bath! In order to find what lights you up, (which will keep you on track) you need to try new things!
You can do this. You can totally follow through and stick to the new habits you create, if you focus on the aspects of those habits that you love!