Recharge your body by indulging in a doTERRA Essential Oils diffused bath. Follow these quick and easy DIYs to create unique bath bombs, perfect for at home spa nights. Spice up your average bath bomb with your favorite essential oils, herbs, and flower petals. When you’re all finished, drop one into your bath and fizz your stresses away. Use these DIY recipes for self-love, your next class, or a girl’s night in!
Bath Bomb Recipe
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 10–20 drops essential oil of choice
- 100 percent pure witch hazel in spray bottle
- Mold (Plastic, silicone, or metal)
- Optional: Natural coloring (We used Mica Powder, which can be found here.)
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda and citric acid.
- If using, add ½ teaspoon natural coloring and mix well.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Spray the entire surface of the mix with witch hazel and mix with hands. Continue to spray and mix rapidly until the mixture holds together.
- Quickly press the mixture into desired mold, making sure it is firmly packed. Let mixture set in mold for 20–30 seconds. Gently tap the mold to release bath bombs.
- Let dry for 30 minutes or until they are firm and do not fall apart.
Great Oils to Use:
- Lavender & Eucalyptus
- doTERRA Serenity®
- Frankincense & Sandalwood
Below is a simple video tutorial to make these bath bomb recipes. If you don’t have any molds to create the bath bombs, you can get Bath Bomb Molds here. If you are using this recipe at a Make & Take class, you can download recipe cards for your guests too!
Fizzing Bath Bombs
- In bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.
Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Confetti Bath Bombs
Rejuvenate after a long week with these Confetti Flower Bombs infused with Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend. Add it to your bath and enjoy the bubbling, fizzling effect as the bath bombs disinegrate in the water.
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10 drops Citrus Bliss
- Food Coloring
- Place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and Fractionated Coconut Oil into bowl
- Add Citrus Bliss
- Mix well until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of mildly-damp sand and should hold together when pressed. If mixture is too wet, add baking soda and cornstarch
- Add food coloring and mix until color is evenly distributed
- Press mixture firmly into silicone mold and sprinkle the top with your favorite party sprinkles. Let dry for 24 hours before removing from mold
- To use, drop in tub full of water and allow to dissolve completely
Let me know which recipe you tried and what oils you used!