No matter where we are in life, letting go of negativity can only improve our current situations. Today I am sharing the different methods and oils I use to help let go, and release negativity in my own life. Some of it may be right up your alley, and some may make you roll your pretty eyes. Take what works for you, and leave what doesn’t!
In the past I have struggled with letting negative feelings and emotions get a hold of me and drag me down. Pulling myself out of the “Eeyore zone” didn’t happen over night, but I’m definitely a much more pleasant person to be around these days. Like attracts like, and so, if your attitude is crappy, you will draw and bring more of that about in your life. Not fun! It works the same way with positive things though, and this is why shifting your mindset, and letting go of negativity is SO key to improving your overall health and well-being.
One of the reasons I procrastinated so long in recording my own affirmations was the weird awkwardness that came with it. I tried saving them as voice memos, but then when I listened to them, it felt silly, and off-putting. There’s nothing like listening to your voice say affirmations without any sort of relaxing background noise. So of course, I tried to get creative and throw something together on my computer. This works, but it is certainly more work than necessary to listen to affirmations. That is where the ThinkUp app really makes a difference!
Take a look at this quick 2 minute video to learn how this app is cultivating more positivity in the world through affirmations!
One of the things I love most about using the ThinkUp App is how customizable it is. I paid for the premium version, and so I can record as many affirmations as I can think of! It’s great too, because you can categorize your affirmations via hashtag, and focus on a specific mindset shift you need to make, or as I like to think of it… reprogramming your brain to positive!
There are variety of subscription levels for ThinkUp, (including free!) and so many wonderful benefits!
- The free version – allows picking only 4 affirmations and a default music. Really only gives a taste of what ThinkUp can do
- Subscription – opens up the platform for a full-featured month: all affirmations and any music you wish to use $3.99
- For one year with one time payment – $9.99
- For Life with one time payment – $14.99
Shedding your negativity will be so much easier when you utilize this app on a regular basis. I listen to my affirmations at least twice a day, once first thing in the morning before I have my quiet time, and once in the evening before I fall asleep.
Essential Oils that help you Let go of Negativity
It’s no secret that Essential Oils have an effect on your mood, disposition, and emotions. Essential oils are able to quickly absorb into the body, and it’s bloodstream, to support the body on a cellular level. You are created to function as a whole. The spirit, mind, and body are inseparably connected, communicating at a cellular level. Your body is made of intelligent cells, wired to restore health.Â In addition to that, emotions are information-carrying molecules that bind to and react with cell receptors. They go into the cell, impacting function and behavior. For this reason, I’m so grateful to be able to utilize them while I’m meditating and listening to my affirmations.
- Purify Essential Oil Blend: Very supportive to releasing toxic and negative emotions, by assisting the body in entering in a cleansing state. As the name suggests, it helps to purify the body.
- Melaleuca Essential Oil: Is also very helpful in releasing and clearing out negative energetic baggage. This oil can help you set healthy energetic boundaries, and honor your personal space.
- Serenity Essential Oil Blend: Powerful on the mind and heart. Wonderful to use when you are looking to reconnect with yourself, and discover your inner peace.
- On Guard Essential Oil Blend: Can help you feel more protected, capable, set healthy boundaries, independence, and reinforce your inner strength. It also helps you to cut off unhealthy relationships you may be hanging on to.
- Whisper Essential Oil Blend: Brings wonderful support for balancing the sacral chakra, located slightly below the navel. This chakra center, when balanced, helps you to be more generous and giving, nurturing to oneself and create healthy boundaries.
Affirmations I use for my personal growth
- I am a Powerful creator. I create the life that I want.
- I am a divine being of light. I am peaceful, protected, and secure in my body.
- I am grateful for every blessing the universe has and will create for me.
- Staying motivated comes easily to me.
- I am creating a life free of stress, and filled with bliss and authenticity.
- I choose to be happy right now. I love my life.
- I welcome new opportunities to grow emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- I am confident, powerful, and successful in all my ventures.
- Everything happens for my highest good. I choose to believe that and it brings me peace.
- I am an extraordinary woman. I believe in my abilities and express my true unapologetic self with ease.
- I am a force for good, a change maker, and a leader in my community.
Smudge it Out
Maybe it’s a little woo-woo for you, but I know many of you have Smudged your living spaces with Sage before. My friends at Mama Malas share all about Sage on their website:
“California White Sage cleanses and purifies your environment, and calms the mind and body at the beginning of a meditation or yoga session. Burn it at every meditation or yoga session to instantly bring your mind into a state of relaxation and signal the beginning and end of your practice. Use it to cleanse your Mama Malas and Gemstone Mala Bracelets, and remove negative or stale energies from your environment.”
You can also use Sage to cleanse your crystals, your body, and your mind, as it helps to release negative thoughts and energies. I like to Sage my home first thing in the morning, sometimes followed by a burning of Palo-Santo. The beauty of smudging your space is that you can do it whenever it suits you. If you aren’t ready to try it out just yet, you can always go super basic and open up all the windows in your home for an hour or more, to let in fresh air and fresh energy.
At the end of the day, I’d encourage you to shoot for the moon and try everything. See what really resonates with you, and move forward with that. You are doing yourself a huge favor by letting go of negativity. You deserve to live a life full of joy and positive vibes… and that starts today!