This week, I will be spotlighting one of my favorite oils, Wild Orange! Wild Orange is SUPER Inspiring. The moment you open the bottle and the tangy sweet aroma catches your nose, you are going to have an experience you won’t forget! This incredible essential oil screams optimism and positivity, and gives an opportunity for us to connect with our inner child. With countless uses for the home, body, and mind, it is no wonder that Wild Orange essential oil is one of doTERRA’s top selling essential oils. The refreshing, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it popular for aromatic and topical use, while the citrus flavor of the oil can add extra zing to any beverage, appetizer, or entrée. A truly versatile oil, doTERRA Wild Orange is vital for any essential oil collection.
Wild Orange oil is one of dōTERRA’s most popular oils—and with good reason! Not only does Wild Orange oil have a variety of uses, but its invigorating, energizing aroma is hard to resist. One of my favorite ways to use Wild Orange is to add a few drops to my drinking water for a flavorful beverage. I also love to combine a few drops of Wild Orange oil with water in a spray bottle and use the mixture as an all-purpose spray for cleaning the surfaces around my home. As a citrus oil, Wild Orange has cleansing properties that make it useful for purifying surfaces like countertops and tables throughout the home. Not only do I love having clean surfaces, but the all-purpose spray leaves behind a lovely citrus aroma!
The purifying properties of Wild Orange essential oil are not only useful for cleansing the air, but you can also use the oil to cleanse surfaces around the home. Similar to Lemon essential oil, Wild Orange essential oil can be used to wipe down frequently used surfaces around the home when you want to cleanse and purify them. Not only is Wild Orange helpful for purifying your kitchen table, countertop, or anything your family might use frequently throughout the day, but it can also be useful when cleaning the bathroom. Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
Wild Orange oil has the ability to support the immune system when needed most. During cold weather months, consider adding one or two drops of Wild Orange essential oil to a capsule to help support a healthy immune system. If you often drink tea, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your favorite tea when you want to support your immune system.You can also simply add a drop of Wild Orange to a glass of water every day to add flavor and promote overall health.
While many people diffuse Wild Orange essential oil to purify the air, this oil can also help uplift mood and increase feelings of energy. At the beginning of a stress-filled day, consider diffusing Wild Orange essential oil to provide a revitalizing aroma that will help get you through any task. If you are feeling a lack of energy in the late afternoon or early evening, you can diffuse Wild Orange to help lift your mood and increase awareness.
According to one of my favorite books Emotions & Essential oils, ” Wild Orange reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit trees, like orange, give freely to all in need. Wild Orange teaches individuals to give without thought of compensation. In nature, there is always enough to go around.”
- Use in an all-purpose spray to cleanse and purify surfaces.
- Add a drop to your water every day for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.*
- Diffuse to uplift mood and energy levels and to freshen the air.
- For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense. Rub palms together and inhale deeply from palms, then rub on the back of neck
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent
- Supports healthy immune function
- Uplifting to the mind and body
Orange Blossom Panna Cotta with Orange Gelee
The flavor of Wild Orange essential oil delicately infuses this rich but light custard with the essence of fresh orange blossoms.
Yields: 8 servings
2 cups whipping cream (substitute half and half if desired)
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
½ cup sugar
1 cups non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
5 drops Wild Orange essential oil
¾ cup Orange Juice, divided
½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- Place ¼ cup of cream into small bowl, sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand to soften (about 10 minutes).
- While gelatin is softening, pour remaining cream and ½-cup sugar into a 2-quart saucepan; place over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, softened gelatin/cream mixture, and Wild Orange oil; whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Divide between 8 martini or juice glasses and chill for several hours or overnight, until set.
- Once panna cotta is set, place ¼ cup of orange juice in small dish and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the top.
- Set aside to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining orange juice in a microwave safe dish until it begins to simmer, about 45–60 seconds.
- Scrape softened gelatin mixture into hot orange juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside to cool at room temperature; divide between each of the panna cotta glasses to create an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate until orange gelee is set.
Here is another fun DIY recipe for you to try out to make Wax Melts with Wild Orange!
Here is what you will need:
-10 drops Wild Orange Essential oil
-5 drops Tangerine Essential oil
-5 drops Bergamot Essential oil
-2 tbsp Solid Coconut Oil
-2 oz. beeswax pellets
-Melt the beeswax and coconut oil together in a double boiler on your stove, frequently stirring. Remove from heat once the beeswax and coconut oil are completely liquid.
-Stir in the essential oil using a bamboo skewer.
-Pour mixture into molds and then set aside, so they can cool.
-Once they have solidified and cooled, you can take them out of the molds and use in your candle/wax warmer.