This week, we will be spotlighting one of my favorite oils, Wild Orange! Wild Orange is SUPER Inspiring. The moment you open the bottle and the tangy sweet aroma catches your nose, you are going to have an experience you won’t forget! This incredible essential oil screams optimism and positivity, and gives an opportunity for us to connect with our inner child.
Wild Orange oil is one of dōTERRA’s most popular oils—and with good reason! Not only does Wild Orange oil have a variety of uses, but its invigorating, energizing aroma is hard to resist. One of my favorite ways to use Wild Orange is to add a few drops to my drinking water for a flavorful beverage. I also love to combine a few drops of Wild Orange oil with water in a spray bottle and use the mixture as an all-purpose spray for cleaning the surfaces around my home. As a citrus oil, Wild Orange has cleansing properties that make it useful for purifying surfaces like countertops and tables throughout the home. Not only do I love having clean surfaces, but the all-purpose spray leaves behind a lovely citrus aroma! To learn more about dōTERRA orange oil, visit the Wild Orange product information page on dōterra.com.
According to one of my favorite books Emotions & Essential oils, ” Wild Orange reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit trees, like orange, give freely to all in need. Wild Orange teaches individuals to give without thought of compensation. In nature, there is always enough to go around.”
Orange Blossom Panna Cotta with Orange Gelee
The flavor of Wild Orange essential oil delicately infuses this rich but light custard with the essence of fresh orange blossoms.
Yields: 8 servings
2 cups whipping cream (substitute half and half if desired)
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
½ cup sugar
1 cups non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
5 drops Wild Orange essential oil
¾ cup Orange Juice, divided
½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- Place ¼ cup of cream into small bowl, sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand to soften (about 10 minutes).
- While gelatin is softening, pour remaining cream and ½-cup sugar into a 2-quart saucepan; place over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, softened gelatin/cream mixture, and Wild Orange oil; whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Divide between 8 martini or juice glasses and chill for several hours or overnight, until set.
- Once panna cotta is set, place ¼ cup of orange juice in small dish and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the top.
- Set aside to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining orange juice in a microwave safe dish until it begins to simmer, about 45–60 seconds.
- Scrape softened gelatin mixture into hot orange juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside to cool at room temperature; divide between each of the panna cotta glasses to create an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate until orange gelee is set.
Here is another fun DIY recipe for you to try out to make Wax Melts with Wild Orange!
Here is what you will need:
-10 drops Wild Orange Essential oil
-5 drops Tangerine Essential oil
-5 drops Bergamot Essential oil
-2 tbsp Solid Coconut Oil
-2 oz. beeswax pellets
-Melt the beeswax and coconut oil together in a double boiler on your stove, frequently stirring. Remove from heat once the beeswax and coconut oil are completely liquid.
-Stir in the essential oil using a bamboo skewer.
-Pour mixture into molds and then set aside, so they can cool.
-Once they have solidified and cooled, you can take them out of the molds and use in your candle/wax warmer.